Sunday, August 16, 2009

Just an update...

For anyone who's following along. I ran 3 (yes, three), miles on Saturday. This may not sound like much to you folks who run a lot, but it was a huge milestone for me. You see, once upon a time, there was this girl who was pretty athletic. She played soccer and basketball, was pretty good at any sport she tried her hand at, and was generally in really good shape. But even at the height of her physical fitness, she only ran 2 miles. Well, the years passed, she gave birth to five kids, developed a DVT in her leg, and suddenly discovered her body didn't quite respond the way it once had. So after all this, a goal of running 3 miles seemed daunting. But with some time, dedication, and perseverance, the goal was attained. Yes, you clever readers, that girl is me. For the first time in my life, I have run three miles. And I still have about 2 months before the race. Maybe I should train for the 10K? (Here is where I should mention that my foot on my left (DVT) leg was basically numb from lack of circulation during most of the last mile. So maybe a 10K is a bit much. But if this pins and needles problem resolves...)

3 comments:

merathon said...

that IS a big milestone, molly! congrats! i'm glad your body is doing what you want it to be able to do. . . not always an easy thing!

Audrey said...

good job! 3 miles is more than I've ever done... I thought I rocked it when 2 miles was part of my work out routine- a LONG time ago...then I met too many marathon runners :0) good luck in oct.

Erin said...

i am seriously impressed!