Monday, May 27, 2013

My Birthday and Mother's Day

So it happened again.  I turned another year older.  But I'm totally OK with that, given the alternative.  Lincoln made me my requested dinner of chicken salad sandwiches, and Kennedy made me a lemonade pie.  In the picture below it appears to be en flambé, which makes me feel really old. ;)


Julia and Renie picked me some beautiful bouquets.  The kids were pretty amused by their card selection, which featured a dancing pickle. 


 
I sure am grateful for these five amazing blessings, and the awesome blessing behind the camera!
 
And speaking of the five little blessings, here I am with them on Mother's Day.
 
Lincoln is so great about helping the kids plan an awesome breakfast in bed for me on Mother's Day.  It has become a tradition that I love!  They wake me with a yummy breakfast and a pile of home made cards and gifts.  I always love seeing how excited they are to do this for me.  Blessed, I tell ya. 

Julia picked me a beautiful flower.  I love how it looks in this jar!
 
I can't believe how old my kids are getting.  I really enjoy them at this stage.  They are so independent, but still need me, if that makes any sense.  I am certainly proud of what they are becoming.
 

No comments: