So last summer I went to NY for about 1 1/2 weeks in August. When I returned to Wisconsin, our friends (and neighbors), the Howells, had a For Sale sign in their front yard. Apparently they had looked at a property in the country and fallen in love. They made a contingent offer and quickly put their house on the market. The house was 3500 square feet on 7-10 acres with a barn and several outbuildings. The house was recent construction and had hardly been lived in before the couple's marriage went south and they wanted to get the place off their hands. Well, the Howell's contingency ran out in January and they decided not to put their house back on the market. Since then, the price on the property has dropped and the Howell's have decided to buy land and build a home exactly like they want it. So Kym told me we should go take a look at this place. We made an appointment for Saturday afternoon. So yesterday we went out and looked at it. I completely understand why they fell in love immediately. I would have written an offer right then and there if my husband had consented. The biggest issue is that the house is 20 minutes from Land's End and Dodgeville. It would take some adjusting to not being 3 minutes from Walmart. And of course, we would have to sell our house in order to buy it. I'm not sure how keen the sellers would be on another contingent offer. The market is picking up a bit right now, though. So this seems like a great time to try. I can't imagine a better property- at a better price- for our family. Here are the pictures- let me know what you think.