Tuesday, March 10, 2009

My disorder...

No, I'm not talking about blood clotting or even hypothyroidism. I'm referring to my insatiable appetite for scouring the real estate market. My husband has officially declared that I have a disorder of some sort. My clever reply? "Yeah? Well,....maybe YOU"RE the one with the disorder! Yeah." I'm quick like that. But right now I have an actual excuse to househunt: My cousin and her family are seriously considering relocating here. Near us! How exciting is that?! So I'm enjoying the challenge of trying to find the perfect combination of enough space on a tight budget, a fixer-upper that won't just be a money pit. I think I found a very good option today. I'm kind of fired up about it. And in the meantime, I'm keeping my eyes open for a country property for us, as well. Sunday I had a confirmation that we're where we should be, here in WI. I'm perfectly content and happy here. In fact, I love Wisconsin. But. But I want to be in the country. I'm anxious to just get to the country and settle in. To just start living. So I'm checking out acreage and country homes. I'll keep you posted on how my search goes.

2 comments:

Virginia said...

Ya, well, you may be content to live in WI - but we will not be content 'till we get you back here in NY. It's O.K. if it takes a little while but someday . . . .

merathon said...

i have your same disorder. patrick keeps asking me why i waste my time looking at real estate when we can't afford to move to any houses i'd LIKE to be in right now. i don't know. i have a problem.