Thursday, September 10, 2009

It's summer...




Finally summer has found us here in the northern reaches of the country. It was hardly warm enough to wear shorts all summer vacation. Now that school has started we are getting our Indian Summer.


Sunny and 75-80 degrees. I love Indian Summer. Just when you begin to feel that summer has passed and fall is in the air- BAM! Indian summer comes along and gives you one last taste of soaking up sunshine and dabbling toes in cool water before the Big Change officially occurs. Today after school we'll have to make a trip to the state park to do just that.




The night before school started, we had a Family Night gearing up for school. We talked about goals and expectations for the school year- including revamping of chore charts and Saturday morning family chores- and Lincoln gave each of the children father's blessings for guidance, comfort, and success in the coming academic year. For refreshments I made caramel apples. You know, September, teachers, apples, it seemed appropriate. I made my own caramel for the first time. It tasted great, but perhaps I could have cooked it a little longer to get a slightly thicker result. But it did the job. We dipped them in chocolate and M&Ms. Yummy!

2 comments:

Suburban Correspondent said...

Caramel, chocolate, and M&M's? Triple threat caramel apples!

I loved the last sentence of your comment over at my place. Good to hear from you again!

Luella said...

Molly, my beautiful and immensely talented sister, I absolutely love reading your blog. You write so beautifully, so openly, about the joys and trials of motherhood. Your children are so lucky to have you for a mother! Thank you for sharing your life in this way. I like to pop in and catch up on what's going on with you and all the kids.
I love you!
Lue