Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Happy Third, Renie!

That's right, my little Meemster is 3. In keeping with her age, she is fiercely independent, head-strong, prone to screaming and tantrums, but hilariously funny and cute when the stars are properly aligned. You know the poem, when she's good she's very very good but when she's bad she's terrible. (Is that how it goes?)
Yesterday she got birthday cards in the mail. She received one from Aunt Chrissy and one from Grandma and Grandpa. Each card had $3 in it, you know, because she's three. So she now has $6. She was so excited about having money. I asked her what she wanted to get with it and she said, "Money!" Her siblings are full of suggestions for her- her money is burning a hole in THEIR pockets- how does that work?
Irene Isabella (how many of you remembered her middle name?) is definitely a unique personality. She is full of attitude and without fear. Tonight we celebrated the big day with her chosen meal-pizza and Sprite- and cake and ice cream. Here are a few pictures of the celebration.

All she asked for was a toy bunny.



She likes Dora and needed some new, non-moldy bath toys.



Kennedy made her a birthday card.



Jesse very much enjoyed the chocolate overload.



In fact, they ALL did.



Homemade cheese pizza. Mom and Dad had pepperoni, black olives, and peppers- from our own garden!-on ours.



A crown cake for our little princess.



Devon assisted with the candle blowing which was good because Renie's huffs and puffs were failing and she kept getting closer and closer- I thought she was going to burn her lips.



How's that for a plate full of sugar?



Everyone is all stuffed and ready to move on to presents. (I was too lazy to put these in the right order- pathetic I know.)

2 comments:

teri said...

There was little a girl
with a little curl
right in the middle of her forehead.

and when she was good
she was very, very good
and when she was bad, she was horrid.


I think....this is going on memory...weird huh?

Persnickety Prints said...

Oh my cuteness! Renie is hilarious! And now that I have met them, I am laughing even harder! Is that a band aid on Devons head?
When I get my little hoodlums back in school, I will have more blogging time!!ahh!
Love you!!!