Friday, October 17, 2008

TGIF


I like to cook for my family. I enjoy finding and trying out new recipes. I take great pleasure from compliments on my cooking. And I'm pretty good at it. I'm not Julia Child, but I hold my own. On Fridays, however, I take a break. When I go grocery shopping on Thursday night I pick up a couple take and bake pizzas from Walmart so on Friday I can just pop them in the oven and call it dinner. Lincoln declared some time ago that he would get on board with eating healthier if he could still have a free night on Fridays. This is my answer to that. And you know, despite the enjoyment I find in cooking, I don't find much enjoyment in planning menus week after week after week, so it's nice to just know that Friday is pizza. Done. I opened my fridge this morning and saw those big bulky boxes holding tonight's dinner and I was flooded with relief. Yay! Dinner is done.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

We have so much in common.... well, everything except the Sunday-Thursday part. Oh, and the part where you enjoy cooking. But other than that, we're both almost the same kind of amazing. :)