Monday, April 27, 2009

Happy Birthday To Me!!

Me and the kiddos on my birthday:



I had a lovely birthday. Church was fantastic. A great sacrament meeting followed by a successful day in the nursery. After church and a quick lunch, Lincoln and the kids sent me to my room to read and sleep. After a yummy nap, Lincoln made me a delicious dinner of lemon chicken, Irish baked potatoes, and fresh asparagus, followed by angel food cake with strawberries and whipped cream.

But it didn't start on Sunday. Friday night Lincoln took me out for a birthday date. We ate dinner at PF Changs- is there anything better than their chicken lettuce wraps? We had lettuce wraps, hot and sour soup and egg drop soup, Mongolian beef (our PF Changs favorite), almond cashew chicken, brown rice, and mini desserts- our least favorite part of the meal. After dinner we went to the Sundance Theater to see The Soloist. First let me say, the Sundance Theater? Fantastic movie going experience. I highly recommend it if you have one in your town. Clean, comfortable, convenient, crystal clear screens, definitely a bit more upscale movie experience, without breaking the bank. Next, let me say, The Soloist? Fantastic movie. Moving, compelling, thought-provoking, heart-wrenching. So all-in-all, a great night. To top it all off, our 12 year old babysitter did a great job. She had cleaned up the kitchen, loaded the dishwasher, tidied the living room, and had gotten everyone in bed on time.
On Saturday, Renie had her last dance class and "recital", and Devon had his last soccer practice at Lands End. The day was stormy and rainy so the girls' soccer games were cancelled. Kennedy spent the afternoon at her friend's house, Jesse fell asleep at 3:30 in the afternoon and slept until 6am!, and Lincoln took Julia, Devon, and Renie and went fishing for three hours. I got some quiet time to spend cleaning. And somewhere in there on Saturday, Lincoln and the kids gave me a bike trailer for my birthday. Now I can take the two little ones biking with me while the others are in school.
I also forgot to mention that Kennedy made me a pin for my birthday, made from recycled materials (paper and a button). She gave it to me on Friday night so I could wear it on our date. So cute!
So basically it was a whole birthday weekend of fun and relaxation. Thanks Lincoln!

3 comments:

merathon said...

happy birthday, molly! sounds like the perfect weekend! glad your family treated you right.

Erin said...

happy birthday! sounds like a good one!

Audrey said...

happy birthday girl! miss ya'