Thursday, May 8, 2008

Ways to waste my time...

Am I the only one who is obsessed with looking at real estate online? Seriously, it doesn't matter if it's millions of dollars or $20,000, a loft or a big old Victorian. I just like to look at houses. I mean, as soon as we buy a new house I take a break from unpacking to sit online and look at more houses. Haven't I had enough? My husband thinks I should become a real estate agent and put my obsession to work. It's really not a bad idea- but I'm still busy with babies so I'll wait a little longer. Any time Lincoln has sent a resume to any company I immediately got online to check out the real estate market in that area. My current real estate obsession is acreage. Anything that has enough room for a couple horses, a big garden, maybe a cow, that's what I'm looking at. I've been feeling such a pull toward The Land lately. Maybe it's the economic climate, maybe it's our move last year to a more rural area. Either way, I'm yearning for space. I hate going out on my deck and knowing that thirty homes ( at least) can see me. Everyone knows when I'm outside, they know when I'm looking for one of my kids, they know if I'm picking up dog poop, for crying out loud. (Actually, I never pick up dog poop, but if I did...) So I need some space. I know this sounds rude and pathetic, but sometimes I'm just not in the mood to make small talk with my neighbors. This really is a fabulous neighborhood with lots of great people, but I guess growing up with space just spoiled me. Even our houses in Charlotte were pretty private.
So, anyone else out there with the same addiction? What motivates you to househunt compulsively?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Molly! Daniel and I are the same way! We love to look online too! I love finding the most expensive farms I can too! I think I am a natural at finding the most exspensive of anything though!