Tuesday, June 17, 2008

This season of my life...

I was thinking this morning that in a couple years my house will smell so much better. Yes, it will take a couple years. Not because I never clean, but because by then, with any luck at all, I will no longer have any children in diapers. I currently have 2 and can I just say they are VERY prolific. It seems the smell just constantly hangs in the air. Either there's a stinky one on a butt, the scent is heavy in the air because I just changed one, or there is a stinky one that has gotten kicked under the couch or forgotten in a diaper bag or something or there is one stinking up the trash bag that's almost ready to be tossed in the dumpster. The other thing that will help the smell around here will be the death of our dear dog. (It's got to happen in the next couple years, right? She's 13 and a half, for crying out loud!) We don't let her in the house, but her stench has completely filled the garage and every time the door to the garage gets opened her smell comes in. Then there's the deadly combination of the two. Yes, I'm referring to when she gets her jaws on a stinky diaper and eats/shreds it. How foul is that?
So in a couple years it will get better- I promise.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

you make me giggle. I love your sense of humor. Molly, I am sorry you have a 13 yr old dog that chews on your stinky diapers. I mean your kids stinky diapers. Hopefully your house will smell good soon. Let me know then I'll visit. :) Actually, it will be a relief from my stinky little home abode as well. I wish I can say I am done but time hasn't warped 10 years yet. :) So the diapers end in your home soon and they keep going in mine,......

Virginia said...

First comment - Roxanne lived to be 16 years old. She rotted from the inside out for the last three years. Maybe the last five years. She did not die a natural death.

Second comment - I would trade rotting undead dog and diaper stench for bat guano and diaper stench any day.