Monday, December 8, 2008

More about the weekend...

Friday night we went to free movie night at Lands' End. The schedule said, "Classic holiday cartoons." I thought we'd see How The Grinch Stole Christmas, or A Charlie Brown Christmas. Maybe Frosty the Snowman or perhaps the original Rudolph. What we got was Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer and The Island Of Misfit Toys. Have you seen it? DON'T! Oh it was horrendous, in every sense of the word. Seriously, there was nothing redeeming about it. From the Black Lung snowman (oh I miss you Burl Ives!) to the misguided attempt to "hip it up"- a fabulous hippo- to the incessant whining of a certain proboscis-glowing reindeer, it was a train wreck from the creepy opening scene. But hey- we got free popcorn and lemonade.
Saturday after the tree-getting and trimming, we went to the Christmas parade in town. I've been joking that the Christmas parade is the best one they do in town, because although they all have just a few lame floats and lots of firetrucks, this one has CHRISTMAS LIGHTS on all of them! Seriously, though, we do really enjoy going to this event. Last year there were big soft snowflakes falling. We weren't as lucky this year, but it was still lots of fun.





1 comment:

Terri_B said...

Molly,
I haven't commented in a while, but I just wanted to let you know.. I'M ALWAYS CHECKING IN! I just love your stories! I know I've said it before, but you write beautifully!