Monday, January 28, 2008

Just another weekend

As you may have noticed in the sidebar, Lincoln is the #1 Dad. This weekend we each had a date with one of the big girls. On friday night Kennedy and I went to Pizza Hut for dinner, then shopping at Walmart for Valentine's decorations, then to Culvers for Ice cream (brrrrrr Kennedy!) and hot cocoa (smart Mama). While we were gone Lincoln built a blanket fort in the living room for the kids to sleep in. He had their sleeping bags set up in there and he even ran extension cords for their nightlight lamps. They had a lot of fun in there, but ultimately only Kennedy and Julia slept in it. Devon very much prefers his own bed and Renie decided to sleep on the couch.
Also on friday, the kids and I decided to put up a Valentine's tree. We have a small artificial tree that we put in the corner of the dining room and decorated with Valentine's ornaments. We made a whole bunch of plain heart-shaped paper ornaments and put them in a basket near the tree. These are for little love notes we want to write to each other. If someone does something nice for you, you can write it on the heart and hang it on the tree. If you want to tell someone something you love about them, you write it on an ornament and hang it on the tree. Kennedy has been really taking the time to notice nice things people do for her. It makes everyone feel happy and it's lots of fun. I've often wished we did a little something more for Valentine's Day to make it special for the kids. This seems to fit the bill.


Fort Fun

The Valentine's Day Tree

2 comments:

jrt said...

Any room in there for Grandpa ???

Unknown said...

What a cute idea. I like it. I think I'm gonna copy it. well, Sort of. I saw this cute wood mail box you could decorate at Michaels, I think I will get that and do the whole "Who has love Mail?" every few days..Cute ..I too love Valentines day. My mom use to do something cute for us every Holiday and I havn't been very good at it. Thanks Molly. The kids are so cute. I love Renies Mustache!