Friday, March 21, 2008

Must..keep...moving...

Or must I?
We decided tonight would be a good night to take the kids to see Horton Hears a Who. We did not want to bring Jesse, however. Now that he's walking he's not too keen on sitting still for an hour and a half. I volunteered to stay home with Jesse because just think of all the cleaning I could get done with only one kid! Plus I could put him in bed early because he didn't have an afternoon nap. But they are gone now and Jesse is in bed and what am I doing? Sitting at the computer. Why? Turns out I'm exhausted from a week of kids home. I'm tired of breaking up fights, weary from thinking up craft projects, sick of cleaning up their messes. I just want ME time, and honestly, I think I deserve it. So I'm not doing anything productive. It doesn't help that today, the second day of spring, we were hammered with a winter storm. Doesn't that make it a spring storm? We were supposed to get 6-10 inches of snow, but I don't think we've gotten nearly that much, thank goodness. Yesterday was 40 degrees and sunny. I miss yesterday. I'm going to relax, enjoy the peace and quiet, maybe watch some HGTV, maybe take a long, hot shower, maybe fall asleep at 8:30. No, I won't do that. Friday nights we watch Lost online. I wouldn't miss that!

No comments: