Tuesday, March 18, 2008

St. Patty's Day


Here we are in our St. Patty's Day green, not that you can tell in this dark picture (my camera is making me increasingly annoyed). We don't do much for St. Patrick's Day, but we do dress in green so we won't get pinched! Our one tradition is to go to McDonalds for shamrock shakes. We went last night for Family Home Evening, but I managed to walk out the door without my camera, even though I remembered to grab the bag I thought it was in. (It wasn't.) So no photo documentation of that event, but I've got plenty of digestive documentation today if you doubt me. The best way to enjoy the tradition is with hot, salty McDonalds fries. I haven't had them in a while because I've been trying to eat healthier and apparently my body does not appreciate the relapse. I must admit, however, they were delicious at the time! I also went out on a limb and made clover-shaped sugar cookies. We brought a bunch to Devon's class today. Now we can focus on Easter. I saved half of the cookie dough to cut out in Easter shapes today. We need to something to entertain the restless natives over spring break! Decorating cookies and eggs should get us through a couple days. Lincoln is taking tomorrow off so we'll go do something fun after I go to the dentist (yikes!).

1 comment:

Erin said...

Michael overheard me telling Liam about the tradition of getting pinched if you don't wear green. Michael was all confused. Apparently he has never heard of this before. I thought everyone knew about that.

Glad you had a good St. Patty's!