Wednesday, March 26, 2008

One last thing...

Before I head off to bed can I just say I AM SO SICK- AND TIRED- OF CHANGING AND WASHING THE SHEETS ON DEVON'S BED! He was doing great staying dry at night until he started having these poop problems. Now he seems to be wetting the bed almost every single night. We seem to be stuck. Sometimes he will just go in by himself and poop in the potty. Other times he will hold it and hold it until he can hold it no longer, then he poops in his underwear. It's when he's in Hold It mode that he tends to wet the bed. I guess we could put him in a pull-up, but I'm afraid he'll NEVER poop in the potty if he knows he's getting a pull-up. I know it is not just a power struggle. He has legitimate bowel movement problems. I had the same thing as a child. I know what he's going through. The advantage with him is that he will take mineral oil to help the process go more smoothly, if you will. This is helping. In fact, it's been since we started the mineral oil that he has gone a few times on his own. So I will try to continue to be patient and wait it out. But DANG-the laundry is killing me!

Wasn't that a fun read? Never know what you'll get, do you?

No comments: