Saturday, November 8, 2008

SURPRISE!


Last night two of my good friends and I threw a surprise birthday party for our husbands. Devan's birthday was Monday, Lincoln's was Tuesday, and Jeff's is tomorrow. Kym hosted in her home and all three of us cooked and schemed and contributed to help make it happen. We sent out Evite invitations (no paper trail!), decorated Kym's basement, told them a bogus story about game night at the Howell's home, hired a local cover band, laid out the food and had a FANTASTIC time. They were all genuinely surprised and we had a really good turn out.

Becci worked hard on this banner.

The birthday cake

Cutting the cake

We put them up to the cutting the cake pose- then they just ran with it!


The band

We wrote our own lyrics to the song "Leaving On A Jet Plane" and performed it for them.

Me and my man

Kym and Jeff

Becci and Devan cuttin' the rug (I'm not sure how I managed to not get a "couple" picture of them.)


The guys winding down, listening to the band

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

looks fun, molly. You were always so good at doing parties. My kids are lucky if we hang up holiday coloring pages on our walls. :) I need to find some kind of event and make it my own annual excuse for a party. I actually had an idea the other night that every year, the Sunday after Halloween, I should invite a bunch of families over, provide tons of ice cream, tell them to bring their leftover halloween candy and spend the night making "blizzards" and playing games. Maybe I should stick to coloring pages?