Saturday, May 30, 2009

Boy I'm getting old...

I played pick up soccer yesterday at Lands End. I felt like my skills were still pretty good- except I was so exhausted I couldn't use them. I decided I need to get serious about running so I can have a little bit of stamina to do the things I love, like soccer. Muscles hurt today that I haven't used in years!

On a similar note, we've started playing volleyball on Thursday nights on the sand courts behind Lands End. We've done it twice now and it is soooooo much fun. Again, I'm a bit rusty, it's been a long time. But I think I'll get better and better as we play consistently. It just feels great to get out there and use my body and have fun.

I am so grateful to have so many great, fun friends here.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Way to go! Glad you're playing sports and playing with your family. Your papa Dale came over to home teach us today and told us about your blog. So here's a comment.

By contrary, if you want to see the adventures of some North Country City Rubes, check out our blog... www.ourgreenerhome.wordpress.com.

We've met, when you have visited - We're the Christensens...

Cheers -