Friday, May 15, 2009

Sweet and Sour Summer

Ahhhh, rhubarb. Is it weird that this bowl of freshly cut rhubarb makes me happy?



I made a rhubarb custard pie yesterday. Yum. Tomorrow I'll make a strawberry-rhubarb pie.

And hopefully I can still get my hands on some rhubarb after I pick strawberries in a few weeks so I can make more strawberry-rhubarb jam.

And on a side note, I made the best whipped cream last night. It was a perfect consistency, just the right amount of sugar without being sugary, and the perfect amount of vanilla to give it a warm, full flavor.

I also made my first batch of bagels. We love them! Homemade bagels are definitely getting thrown into the rotation. We had chicken salad sandwiches on them last night for dinner. Mmmmmmmm.

I've been trying to make more and more stuff from scratch. It's better for us and better on the budget. Now that I've got flour tortillas down, I figured it was time to add bagels to the list. Next up- English muffins.

1 comment:

Virginia said...

Woman - how do you find time to do all of that? You have a dishwasher don't you? I'm hoping that having a dishwasher will be a life transforming thing. :)