Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Some Lucky Princess...

So we just finished watching Barbie In The Nutcracker. Devon was the only one left watching at the very end when Barbie and Kelly are dancing. He wouldn't leave until he watched them finish their dance. Then we had this conversation:

Devon: Why do they wear those shoes?
Me: They're ballet shoes.
Devon: Can boys do ballet?
Me: Sure.
Devon: Is that what you do if you want to dance with princesses?
Me: I guess. Why? Would you like to dance with a princess?
Devon: Yes.
Me: Well, someday you will.
Devon: Actually, I'll do that at the Temple.

Can I just say I got a little misty? What a beautiful connection he made! I wanted to record the conversation before I forgot, because someday I want to tell his lucky princess how long he's been waiting to dance with her.

4 comments:

Virginia said...

What an incredibly sweet boy. :)

Actually - once upon a time they did have dancing as part of the temple endowment.

Stephanie said...

that's awesome.

And my boys must have seen one too many Disney movies too, because they equate dancing together with getting married. Sometimes they hold hands and spin around and "dance," but they call it, "let's get married." Thank heavens I didn't have to marry any of the many guys I danced with.

jessie said...

That is such a sweet story! And even sweeter coming from a little boy. :) I had to chuckle about his question as to whether boys can do ballet or not.. I would have answered like you and said, "Sure!" And then if Justin were listening he would jump in and say something like, "No. Boys don't do ballet, boys play soccer!"

I'm glad I'm not the only one that encourages my boys in whatever they're interested in! Does Lincoln share the same view as you or would he pull a Justin? :)

Audrey said...

awwwwww! so sweet! what a cutie pie. :0)